I have opened my own Preschool - visit macfadyenpa.com

Don't forget to visit our Facebook page and Pinterest for additional ideas and links! Updates are posted frequently.



Add yourself to Kreative Resources Blog Hop!



ANY COMMENTS DEEMED SPAM WILL BE DELETED! If you wish to advertise on my page you must contact me directly @ kreativeresources@hotmail.com













Saturday 24 March 2012

Hey what's in there?

This week we made a mystery box.

We sealed a box (taped it up) &  painted it with acrylic paint.
Then cut a hole in one side - large enough to put our hand in.
Then covered the hole with a felt 'drape' , to deter peeking.
Objects were selected to 'hide' inside.
As we created the box I described to the children how it would be used.


The object of this activity is to put your hand in and select an item,
then describe the item without looking and before taking it from the box.
It's very hard not to peek when you are 2 or 3 years old, but over all the tots did well.

Next week when we use it I will toss in a chocolate Easter egg for them to find - without looking! :)



2 comments:

  1. Just did this with my kids today. It's a fabulous idea. I'll be linking back to you tomorrow @ www.meaningfulmama.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea. I'm going to use the mystery box another way also thought I would share. You need two of each object. Lay out one of each object. The children take turns. Put one of the second objects in the box for the child to guess which object they have in their hands. You can vary amount of objects depending on age level. And use similar objects depending on skill level.

    ReplyDelete