I have opened my own Preschool - visit macfadyenpa.com

Don't forget to visit our Facebook page and Pinterest for additional ideas and links! Updates are posted frequently.



Add yourself to Kreative Resources Blog Hop!



ANY COMMENTS DEEMED SPAM WILL BE DELETED! If you wish to advertise on my page you must contact me directly @ kreativeresources@hotmail.com













Wednesday 26 October 2011

Don't throw out the crayons!

Raining yet again! What to do! Get the kids to peel all the paper off the crayon stubs and melt them in the microwave to make new crayons.

We used this plastic tray to melt the crayons.

The microwave was not that powerful so it took about 15 minutes to melt.
Next time I may try to do this with my heat gun and a metal tray! :)

We popped them out when cool and dry. Then the kids coloured with these neat new crayons!

Some used them flat!

Some turned them on their side!

Fun for a last minute activity!

No comments:

Post a Comment