I have opened my own Preschool - visit macfadyenpa.com

Don't forget to visit our Facebook page and Pinterest for additional ideas and links! Updates are posted frequently.



Add yourself to Kreative Resources Blog Hop!



ANY COMMENTS DEEMED SPAM WILL BE DELETED! If you wish to advertise on my page you must contact me directly @ kreativeresources@hotmail.com













Sunday 2 October 2011

Chestnut Streamer Toy

So today I saw this chestnut streamer toy On Red Ted Art's Blog and I thought to myself - this would make a great Fall Fair toy, that I could incorporate into a game! I thought that each child could take a turn tossing the toy towards a pylon and the closest would win a prize. However a paper streamer would not last all morning with 50 or 60 kids using it - so I decided I would make some with ribbon streamers. I sent my son out to pick up some chestnuts while on his evening walk and my husband drilled a hole in each chestnut. I threaded three 1/4 inch ribbons - 24 inches long - through a chestnut - secured it with a bead and put a dab of glue inside to firm it up.

Here is the result!

See the bead in the top.



Hopefully this will work out as a game for our Fall Fair as I envision it. I will test them out tomorrow if it's not raining! I will post pictures of the children using them tomorrow if I have success! :)

2 comments:

  1. Ooooh yours are BEAUTIFUL! Love the idea of having the threads go all the way through without glue.

    Gorgeous.

    Maggy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Maggie and thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete