I have opened my own Preschool - visit macfadyenpa.com

Don't forget to visit our Facebook page and Pinterest for additional ideas and links! Updates are posted frequently.



Add yourself to Kreative Resources Blog Hop!



ANY COMMENTS DEEMED SPAM WILL BE DELETED! If you wish to advertise on my page you must contact me directly @ kreativeresources@hotmail.com













Saturday 7 May 2011

Photos in the classroom

I was lucky enough to find this awesome photo at a garage sale a couple of years ago! I just love it! I look at it and think - it could have been my husband and myself when we were kids. It was taken by the son of an elderly couple for a photo assignment in the 70's - the son had sadly passed away. I told the couple I wanted to hang the picture in my classroom to show diversity - they gave it to me for free - because they said their son would be proud of it sending a good message to children! I cried on the way home thinking of their son. I am honoured to hang it in my classroom.

It's important to hang photos of the students in your class as well - it gives them a sense of ownership and pride. Why not have them take their own photos to add - what a fun way to see through their eyes. A 'Family Photo Board' helps to make a child feel secure and eases their longing for home when they miss Mom and Dad.
Adding the children's photo onto bulletin boards gives the children a great giggle - it's fun to see their faces when they discover they are part of the theme that month!

Why not use real photos to present a theme?

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE that first real photo! Its beautiful. Black and white photos always seem to draw me in.

    And using real photos for a theme is excellent. Never thought to use those.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That photo is my favorite and I too love black and white photos - I hope to find more!

    ReplyDelete