I have opened my own Preschool - visit macfadyenpa.com

Don't forget to visit our Facebook page and Pinterest for additional ideas and links! Updates are posted frequently.



Add yourself to Kreative Resources Blog Hop!



ANY COMMENTS DEEMED SPAM WILL BE DELETED! If you wish to advertise on my page you must contact me directly @ kreativeresources@hotmail.com













Sunday 22 May 2011

Telling Tales with props

Reading to children is enjoyable for me, but whenever possible I love to tell a story 'off the cuff' - props help and children love visual aids. I have been  lucky enough to find some nice props during my garage sale excursions. Having the props makes a story visual, giving it impact. Having a variety of materials can allow the same story to be told over and over without 'losing the audience'. Telling tales with props usually translates into the children mimicking what they have just experienced.
 I love these 'flip flop' dolls - I was fancinated with them as a child. What a great way to tell a tale!
Felt board characters

....and my own version - crocheted finger puppets.

No comments:

Post a Comment