I have opened my own Preschool - visit macfadyenpa.com

Don't forget to visit our Facebook page and Pinterest for additional ideas and links! Updates are posted frequently.



Add yourself to Kreative Resources Blog Hop!



ANY COMMENTS DEEMED SPAM WILL BE DELETED! If you wish to advertise on my page you must contact me directly @ kreativeresources@hotmail.com













Wednesday 28 September 2011

Colour activity

This colour activity has some fine motor and counting added in - I love activities that are adaptable for many uses! :)

I was looking for a snack last night and I found these year old tootsie rolls - yes I ate two and I am still alive LOL - then it came to me - this container would be great for the coloured game chips I bought at a garage sale for 10 cents. I also had some sticky tac paper I had bought at a garage sale for 50 cents.

So I covered the container.

Nice eh!

Then I needed to pop out the covering on the slit in the top!

See here?

Presto!

I sorted all the chips I had and took out the coloured ones.

Then I put them together as a colour activity!

I called up each friend to find a specific colour and put it into our container.



They had a great time and did very well identifying the colours!
Later in the afternoon some of the children played with this independently, taking turns and identifying the colours!

2 comments:

  1. Great idea - simple yet effective for many skills! I love that it's always great for eye-hand coordination and can be used for color sorting or counting as well! Thanks so much for linking up with Montessori Monday. I featured your post at the Living Montessori Now Facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/LivingMontessoriNow

    ReplyDelete