I have opened my own Preschool - visit macfadyenpa.com

Don't forget to visit our Facebook page and Pinterest for additional ideas and links! Updates are posted frequently.



Add yourself to Kreative Resources Blog Hop!



ANY COMMENTS DEEMED SPAM WILL BE DELETED! If you wish to advertise on my page you must contact me directly @ kreativeresources@hotmail.com













Thursday 29 December 2011

Speed Racers

In my classroom I have a lot of boys - boys with tons of energy. No matter how much we move, they want to move some more. We even play hockey inside our classroom! Dues to this, I ended up buying mini hockey sticks with sponge balls and we took the hockey game to the gym.

We also made sure the girls got involved.

There is no lack of gross motor movement in our day. We even get up during our circle activities while we are teaching things like the ABC's, to 'shake our sillies out'. All this on top of our daily outdoor recess times.

So again - no matter how much we move, they want to move some more!


Which leads us to the new daily activity which the boys spontaneously get involved in. They race around the room as fast as they can - pushing the cars and trucks available on our toy shelf.


I get a little nervous when they do this - there have been some face planting moments - but I don't want to be a total party pooper and tell them to stop all together, so I simply ask them to slow down.

They go so fast it was even hard to take these pictures!
                                                                                       So they haven't really slowed down at all!



                                                 Yikes! 

1 comment:

  1. Haha - we have some of those face planting moments too!!! Good thing that kids are so short so they don't have that far to fall!

    ReplyDelete