I have opened my own Preschool - visit macfadyenpa.com

Don't forget to visit our Facebook page and Pinterest for additional ideas and links! Updates are posted frequently.



Add yourself to Kreative Resources Blog Hop!



ANY COMMENTS DEEMED SPAM WILL BE DELETED! If you wish to advertise on my page you must contact me directly @ kreativeresources@hotmail.com













Thursday 5 January 2012

Not to be Overlooked

When I go into thrift shops - or go to garage sales etc. I go with a list of items in mind to purchase. 99% of the time I find what I am seeking. Today I wanted to get a few more instruments for my music chest. I ventured over to the bagged items and saw some broken castenets inside. Most people would pass them up - but I also love to refurbish and restore things.

They needed new elastic ties - the elastic they use is a thick fabric coated type - Hum where to get that?
Then it came to me - hair elastics are exactly the same!
I cut off the metal centres - strung them through the holes in the castanets and put a bit of glue on the ends so they wouldn't fray. They turned out perfect!
So for $1.99 I have two new sets of perfectly fine castanets.


I also found these cute mini brass cymbals - I will change the ribbon when I find a nice one.
I'm not sure how to play them - I'll have to check that out!
They were $1.99 as well.

These are about 3 inches around.

Update: I did some googling and I found out that these are cymbals used in India for folk music and dance.

No comments:

Post a Comment