I have opened my own Preschool - visit macfadyenpa.com

Don't forget to visit our Facebook page and Pinterest for additional ideas and links! Updates are posted frequently.



Add yourself to Kreative Resources Blog Hop!



ANY COMMENTS DEEMED SPAM WILL BE DELETED! If you wish to advertise on my page you must contact me directly @ kreativeresources@hotmail.com













Monday 23 January 2012

Snowy Hearts

There has been a recipe going around to make a baking soda and cornstarch dough. I like the snowy white look, so today we made heart pendants out of it - to give as gifts at Valentines Day.


Mix 1 cup of baking soda and 1/2 cup cornstarch in a saucepan
- then add 2/3 cup warm water - bring to a boil and stir until smooth
- Remove from pan and kneed - we then added some blue glitter at this point - It made them look 'icy'.


For our project we then rolled the dough out into a 1/4 inch thick sheet and cut out our shapes with heart shaped cookie cutters.Then we poked a hole in each one - while they were wet - to string a ribbon in it later to wear as a pendant or hang as an ornament. We laid them out to dry.







We had some extra dough so we made some little ones as well.
We are going to try and glue them on top of the larger ones - or save them for another project.


We can give these with this poem:


Out of a snow cloud, cold and gray,
Something dropped on St. Valentine's Day,
Whirling and twirling and soft and light,
A wee little heart all dainty and white,
And I guess the sky children were sending down,
This Valentine straight to the Moms and Dads in town.


or this one :




Happy Valentine’s Day to My Mom & Dad


Mom & Dad, I’ve got some friends
Of each and every kind,
But a better friend than my Mother & Father
I’ll never, ever find!

I’m so happy you’re my Mom & Dad!
I love you.








 


Pretty aren't they  
 
 



     This post will be a part of "the heart project"

Purchase the e-book or print copy HERE!

No comments:

Post a Comment