I have opened my own Preschool - visit macfadyenpa.com

Don't forget to visit our Facebook page and Pinterest for additional ideas and links! Updates are posted frequently.



Add yourself to Kreative Resources Blog Hop!



ANY COMMENTS DEEMED SPAM WILL BE DELETED! If you wish to advertise on my page you must contact me directly @ kreativeresources@hotmail.com













Wednesday 4 January 2012

Inspired by Design

I love to wander around in dollar stores - especially if it's a new one I haven't been in before. New treasures seem to surge forth! :)
This week I ventured into a dollar store that was not a chain store - so new items were to be found.

In the housewears isle I found this self adhesive paper with a great 'wet' look!
I had to buy it!
It screamed rain tube, so that's what I set out to make.
I used a tube from a roll of tinfoil - some tinfoil and rice.
Cardboard tubes from inside tinfoil or plastic wrap etc. tend to be thicker and stronger.
I love to use them over TP tubes for this toy. It's more durable.

First I took some tinfoil and twisted it up to fit the length of the tube - leaving about 3/4" at each end.

Put it inside the tube.

Cut your adhesive paper to cover the entire tube, but don't put it on yet.

Cut 2 circles to cover each end of the tube - about 3/4" wider than the opening.

Cut a few slits - 3/4" from edge to centre up to the width of your tube.

Peel off the paper backing from the adhesive paper and centre it over the opening of one end of the tube.


Fold the edges down one section at a time - they will overlap a bit.

It will look like this.

Fill tube with about 1 1/2 " of dried rice.
Don't over fill or it won't sound like rain.

Then cover up the other end of the tube and cover the entire tube with the paper you cut to size.

And here it is - a rain tube! :)

1 comment:

  1. Love this Leeanne! The contact adhesive is awesome! I will keep my eye out for some! :)

    ReplyDelete