I have opened my own Preschool - visit macfadyenpa.com

Don't forget to visit our Facebook page and Pinterest for additional ideas and links! Updates are posted frequently.



Add yourself to Kreative Resources Blog Hop!



ANY COMMENTS DEEMED SPAM WILL BE DELETED! If you wish to advertise on my page you must contact me directly @ kreativeresources@hotmail.com













Saturday 7 May 2011

Identifying colours

I tried to find a unique way to introduce colours to my toddler class. I am sure I must have seen this somewhere - or something similar, that inspired me to make these mitts - I'm glad I did. The children really have fun when we use them. When I started using them most of the children did not know their colours. I would hold them up and tell the children the colours - now they hold them up and tell me the colours. The next step was to add shapes.
Once the children could identify all the shapes and all the colours - I now ask them to tell me the colour and the shape. Now the children feel confident enough to take the shapes and colours around the room to match them with things in their environment!
I am so proud of my toddlers! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment